View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 06:14 PM

OK, I am in that portable, battery powered amp craze. I have played both the Mini Charge and the BOSE S1. typical acoustic guitar and vocals solo work- classic rock with my spin. Then I see about the new Mackie FreePlay Live. The LB Charge is the easiest solution. I have a LB Performer and LB Artist already - tried and true sound.
The BOSE S1 had a nice clean (some may find somewhat sterile) Bose sound. I used to use the L1 B1 with the huge heavy home plate base mixer. The BOSE was cool but somewhat sterile to me- first generation of course. So now I am thinking about the Mackie. I did not like the boom box look of the old one. Glad that has changed. Obviously inputs are an issue since there are no gains on the line level and not much flexibility on the mic channel. So ok, I could use any number of my acoustic preamps with no problem.
I read a bunch of the forum pieces on the Mackie. Why not just use a Behringer battery powered mixer like the 1002B? Wouldn't that solve the problem? You could run multiple mics and other instruments if needed. Does anyone out there use this approach.
Ah so many choices...
David