View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 10:36 AM

The xr12 has a lot of features but I am not sure we do need all of them. I ve tried once the mic mechanic, found it great... But after a bit of time, thought that I could get a good sound just using an EQ. Same thing happened to me with the compressor on the Yamaha mg10xu, the more I sang, the less I used the EQ... At the end I felt a good mic technic was better than any digital fx...

That s also why I went with the zed 10 fx... I don't like to add any digital treatment unless it's compulsory... At the end, you get digital conversion with the Tc pedals, the xr12 mixer, the line array dsp... You lose a lot of dynamic and "feel" and it starts to sound artificial...

As fas martinguitardave problematic, the best sound I've ever achieved home for rehearsal (in a singer songwriter configuration) is with studio monitoring speakers. The boss of my next door music shop told me that. Amps and p.a. Are made to project sound loud. If you want fidelity and emotion at home, just use studio monitoring amplified speakers (like presonus eris 8 for ex):. He was right.

Did not keep that configuration long for esthetic reason... But if I ever find ones with wood finish I would definitely pull the trigger

I think it is not such a big deal to have both studio monitoring speakers for home and a p.a. For live... However, it does not work for band. But I am not sure line arrays are suited for bands anyway.

Here are for example the spectrum for Presonus Eris E8 (blue) and M-audio M3-6 (orange)

It is much flatter than the

Here are is the JBL eon one (red in axis)
Yamaha FGX-412 (1998)

Gibson Les Paul Standard 1958 Reissue (2013)
Fender Stratocaster American Vintage 1954 (2014)
http://acousticir.free.fr/

Last edited by Cuki79; 03-14-2017 at 10:56 AM.