View Single Post
Old 07-03-2016, 06:35 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Hatcher View Post
I am about ready to send the fourth of my show spec series off to the finisher.
I'll do some final clean up and the frets on Monday. This is my Penelope 12 fret model. It has abalone in places I have never put abalone before. The trim is Koa and the elevated neck is Koa as well;

The headstock is my sculpted pillow topped shape. I've never done one in black Ebony before and I can't wait to see how reflections will roll around on that sculpted head plate when it gets back from the finisher.

The black Ebony will get very black under finish but, the Koa will really come to life with more figure and a warmer red color. Here is the back of the neck wet with naptha;

Thanks for viewing!
Mark
Mark,

Well, what can I say? Your guitars have a certain WOW factor that gets my heart beating. Some call it GAS, I call it "NORMAL" ha! This guitar looks to be something really special. You may have said it already and I missed it, but what is the difference between your "show spec series" and your others? Is it just that you are building them for the SB show, or have you made certain changes to specs, or?

Also anxious also to hear some sound clips of some of these. I was unable to make the get together that a few of my AGF friends attended...I'm in the midwest ya know...severe travel disadvantage lol. So, some of us hillbillies need to take the next best thing...sound and/or video clips . Thanks for helping satiate my need for eye candy

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!