View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 11:52 AM
Charter Member

Well, an encouraging update.

I contacted Martin in December gone and explained the position. They were a little slow getting back to me, but Christmas and all that so no big deal. They sent me a nice email asking for some more information and directing me to Westside Distribution as the UK distributor.

That was on 2 January, and I myself was remiss in not being more active on the issue. Today I got an unprompted email from Westside, who had been contacted proactively by Martin and requested to engage with me, which is great customer service by both Westside and Martin. So I've obviously put Westside in the picture now and am waiting to hear back.

Meanwhile the guitar continues to play beautifully, aside from the issue of the buzzing. I'm fairly confident that there'll be a good resolution on that now. My intention is to ask for a set of Grover open-tuners as a replacement, assuming we get that far. I have those on my other guitar and they're great. The troublesome tuners on the 000-28 are Schallers and I really don't like the feel of them, although that's just me and perhaps others enjoy them, aside from the buzz.

I'll then have the replacements fitted by my tech when I bring the guitar in for a set-up, which I'm just about ready to do now that it has settled in at home and I have played it pretty extensively.

Thanks for all comments and advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoden View Post
Just to be certain are you sure the neck isn’t back bowed.
Open strings up to fret 5 tend to buzz if the rod needs a little loosening.
Thanks for this input. I don't believe so but that's based on eyeballing it, no intonation issues and the buzzing is limited to three strings across the range. I'll look into it further though and thanks again.
Lowden S32J
Guild F-512e (Spruce/Rosewood)

Last edited by Coler; 01-28-2020 at 11:57 AM.