View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadol View Post
I dont want you (or anyone else) thinking I'm bashing Breedlove, cause I don't mean to, but if you look on Reverb, there are over 400 Breedloves for sale, ranging from only $200 to nearly $5000. With that much range in their offerings, I'd want to be very brand intelligent before spending at the high end of that range on one. The design is unique, and probably not super attractive to more traditional buyers, so that limits buyer appeal. Then, there is the pricing based on current replacement cost - thats a red flag to me that theres a need to create the impression of value based on something more than the actual value of the instrument. Its a very nice koa/sitka guitar - but in the $4000 range, there are quite a few really, really nice options available for used guitars - do you feel that what you are offering has more appeal than those? Its a very unique and special guitar, and may easily be worth your asking price, but it may take a Breedlove afficianado to really appreciate what you are offering. But to the average guitar shopper, that may not look like the best value for their dollar. I would probably only be really interested in it if I were to pick it up in a shop and played it and it just really grabbed me - but otherwise, sorry. I wish I had more insight and could be more helpful, but thats my impression - Have you considered putting it in a shop on consignment that promotes Breedloves and has more customers looking for them? Who is the largest dealer of Breedlove? I'd talk to them - but also keep in mind that selling any guitar in that price range is not terribly easy -
Hi Doug...

This comment especially...along with most of the others...pretty well sums up your predicament.

To make matters more difficult...most of the Breedlove enthusiasts out there, who are looking for a used Masterclass Custom instrument, tend to mostly look for the older Breedloves...from 1992 to 2000. Back then, Breedlove was a boutique/custom shop only, and was run by the founders Larry Breedlove, who worked there until about 1994, and Steve Henderson, who worked there until about 2001. This is generally considered the "Golden Era" of Breedlove...so to speak...by Breedlove enthusiast/collectors/patrons...and the guitars made during this time period are the most sought after by these same folks. That said...even those guitars...the sought after years...still tend to sell for under their surmised/appraised value.

As a number of folks have said...you will likely have to lower your price and/or be very patient.

It's a real shame...but...that is the situation you face...

Best of luck...it is a really lovely guitar!

duff