View Single Post
Old 04-19-2020, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercn View Post
To Chipolte and all others that sent comments / trouble shooting: Thanks! Because it did get me looking deeper. PROBLEM SOLVED- feeling very stupid. First to answer Chipolte it was when I hit the pedal off an on that the volume / presence cut down.

So I did these two things and it works great now -(the battery part may not have mattered but I don't care right now) - its works.

I opened up the back panel to reveal the two dip switches, and the 9V battery compartment. I never went in there before, thinking I did not need a battery, since I use the power cord.

The first / upper dip switch was NOT set to "True Bypass", which I did after reading about those settings. The other one I think was set to "Kill Dry" on, and I changed that. That is likely a big culprit - because Kill Dry =removes all direct signals from the pedals output, which is only used if the pedal is placed in a parallel effects loop. I put in a 9 V battery -although the manual does not say that must be there in addition to the power cord. But in any event the HOF2 works like a charm now - !!!! Charles

Yep, the kill dry sounds like the culprit, you’ll have only effect and no original signal. Odd that it should be set up that way; did you buy it used?

If you are using the pedal with a power supply or a power brick take the battery out. It won’t be used while you are plugged into external power and you risk battery leakage, especially if you forget it’s in there!
Gibson ES-335 Studio 2016; Furch OM34sr 2015; Fender MiJ Geddy Lee Jazz bass, 2009; Taylor 414CE 2005; Guild D35 NT 1976; Fender MIM Classic 60s Tele 2008; Fender US Standard Strat 1992; G&L ASAT classic hollowbody 2005; Ibanez RG350MDX 2010(?); Ibanez Musician fretless, 1980s; Seymour Duncan Tube 84-40; Vox AC4TV;

Ex-pat Brit in Sweden