View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 05:05 AM

You guys know that Apple purposely slows down your phones as the battery ages right? Check your settings. It will tell you what your battery capacity is. If you phone is slowing down, it's time to replace the battery.

I've recently seen batteries for sale that include the kits you need to open up the phone yourself. One of the tools looks conspicuously like a nylon guitar pick. That's something that's new to me; I'd thought that you had to have Apple or a certified tech with a static mat and special tools to do it. If it's 2 years old though and the battery is not holding a charge as long and on the charger every day then what's the harm to go the DIY route? Just make sure that you've backed your phone settings and files to the cloud.

My previous comments about planned obsolescence aside though, if your phone is 5-6 years old it's just not going to run well at all. The way I see it, you should get a maximum of about 3-4 years out of a phone. If you can't buy a case for it without going online that should be a sign.