View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyG View Post
Very true, I've read that too...that even within the same model each guitar has it's own voice.
And it is a 2013, on the breedlove website it's listed under the limited edition oregon series. There have been MANY oregon concerts made but they only made 56 with the cutaway. It is a Sitka top with myrtlewood back and sides.
I plan to go pick it up tomorrow, it's my first American made guitar so I'm excited!
As you should be. I loved this guitar every time I picked it up but I already own an import Breedlove (an AC25/SR) and wanted a carbon fiber really bad. It was literally a toss up between the guitar you are getting tomorrow and a RainSong.

Having said that, I always wanted to play the Oregon OM/Smye but never spotted one except for online. Willcutt Guitars has one of the most beautiful back and sides OM that I could find (at least in pictures), but has since been sold. I love the satin back and sides and the gloss top- plenty of natural tone coming out of these and minimal appointments actually draw to the beauty of the instrument's simplicity. Of all things that grabbed my attention, it was the C20/Smye's midrange- like mahogany but not quite as fundamental. Myrtle is a really intriguing tonewood in a great way, I just don't think people are used to it. Have fun!