View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Sexauer View Post
TAMCO owner Trevor Moyle having suggested that my guitars were inadequately visually exciting for the taste of the European Market, I licked my wounds for a while and am now rising from my ashes in response. The rosette on my 4th TAMCO offering is the Celtic circle plus one, the American fourth ring.

Or:

Trevor favors the modern burl rosette over the Martin inspired 3 ring rosette I have been running with since I started, oh so many years ago. I really can't stand the idea of making a stock anything (just like some other guy's) so I have worked a twist into Trevor's request. Three intertwined rings is the Celtic standard, but it looked weak to me in mock-up, so I added a 4th. They are not intertwined in the typical Celtic know fashion as I became overwhelmed with the technical challenge of it, but the illusion is quite good nonetheless, IMO.

This is another of the 6 piece all Koa sets I acquired a couple of years ago from my Big Island friend, Bobby. The guitar will be a simple flathead all Koa 00.

That is an outstanding looking piece of Koa, and the start of an (obviously) great guitar!