View Single Post
Old 01-28-2015, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
As you should be. I loved this guitar every time I picked it up but I already own an import Breedlove (an AC25/SR) and wanted a carbon fiber really bad. It was literally a toss up between the guitar you are getting tomorrow and a RainSong.

Having said that, I always wanted to play the Oregon OM/Smye but never spotted one except for online. Willcutt Guitars has one of the most beautiful back and sides OM that I could find (at least in pictures), but has since been sold. I love the satin back and sides and the gloss top- plenty of natural tone coming out of these and minimal appointments actually draw to the beauty of the instrument's simplicity. Of all things that grabbed my attention, it was the C20/Smye's midrange- like mahogany but not quite as fundamental. Myrtle is a really intriguing tonewood in a great way, I just don't think people are used to it. Have fun!
Yeah, this was the first myrtlewood I'd ever played and I found it to be really different...in a really good way (to me, anyway). I typically like the look of darker guitars, but the color range of the myrtlewood is stunning and like you, I Really like the satin look and simplicity of it.