View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenbrooks View Post
You're impression is on target. Tim is not using "off the shelf" images available from Fishman online- but those of his own. For a price, you can send your fine instrument to them for a studio frequency profiling midi file which can be loaded into the Aura stage blender box into a numbered profile you select-- you keep the CD/midi file for safekeeping backup. Nothing wrong with the "off the shelf" images and you can find one or two that sound just great.

I've used two early CAs for several years in concert (bluegrass, progressive acoustic) using profiles of my old wood instruments and the sound is remarkable. Tim told me about CA, and they were exceptional in service and guidance in sound. Channel on the board is set completely flat for the direct line from the Aura- needs no EQ tweaking as it is the complete frequency profile, and you work a condensor mic on another channel for the neck/ soundhole which can be EQ'd-- work in and out from the mic, like a classic wooden instrument for "atmospherics". No need for onboard condensor mic. Slider set to pickup only.

I love wood instruments..and I use them only in the best environments as possible. CA was/is far ahead of the curve in performance technology. I hope their proprietary work is continued at some point, and the company picked up by responsible investors.
Welcome to AGF, Tenbrooks. Appreciate your input.

Bill