View Single Post
Old 05-30-2022, 06:39 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snorse View Post
I've been curious about that system. Are you running it into a preamp? Do you have a preferred setting out of the two on the pickup?

It’s actually part of a 3 source Frankenstein system. I have an older 3 channel onboard K&K preamp (no longer made) to which I connected a K&K mic, mag and a Schatten HFN SBT.

As a solo source I was was never a fan of a Mag pickup, but I loath UST’s more. But since I had the pre-amp.....

It was just installed in a D-35 and I’m still experimenting with the blend, but I find removing the low end from the mic and adding a bit of extra low end on the mag (and removing a bit of the high end) makes a nice combo...... without the SBD. For now, with more mic then mag it makes for a natural clear sound with a nice low end. No feed back issues yet, but I’m playing solo, so the volume stays moderate........I think a 2 channel preamp with the Double Helix mag and mic would sound great as long as you can adjust the eq for each source individually.

Truth be told, I’m not sure if this is the guitar the 3 source system will stay in, 2 would work great. But having the 3 sources makes it a very versatile system, and I think it would be useful in many applications once I get to know the nuances of the 3 sources.
Rainsong H-WS1000N2T
Stonebridge OM33-SR DB
Stonebridge D22-SRA
Tacoma Papoose
Voyage Air VAD-2
1980 Fender Strat
A few Partscaster Strats
MIC 60s Classic Vib Strat

Last edited by Mbroady; 05-30-2022 at 07:02 AM.