View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 09:44 AM

I'm a person who has played examples nearly every type of electric guitar ever made. And I still play many different types of electric guitars, so the following isn't coming from Tele snobbery:

The nature of the classic Telecaster is that nearly any amp sounds its best with one. Part of it is the powerful brightness and tight low end, which allows even darker amps to cut and shine. If used with a bright amp, you use the amp, the amp mic'ing, or the Tele's tone control to taste.

I've got other guitars that only come to life with amps/amp paths with enough low end (or low end cut in the EQ) or enough sparkle.

Personally, I enjoy the combination of a Tele with the Fender Champ, Princeton, Blues DeVille, and the Hot Rod Deluxe. I've heard gorgeous sounds from Tele+Vox and Tele+Fender Deluxe Reverb and many other combinations too.

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....