View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 10:55 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knives&Guitars View Post
have you heard any comparisons between the Serrano 87 and the UA TWIN 87. Come to any conclusions?
I haven't. I've seen some chatter praising the Twin as a good voice over option but I've yet to hear any praise for it as a great mic for what we do (except from people who are trying to sell them). I'm probably unlike many people in this regard but that modern/vintage switch has no appeal for me. A friend of mine who lives nearby owns an 87ai. I've sang through it a few times and I'm just not a fan of it on my voice. The darker vintage would suit me better and would probably be preferable on acoustic as well.

There are only two mics that I'm really interested enough to possibly purchase... the Serrano 87 and the Beesneez BU67 that I just made a thread about. I'm holding off on both for different reasons. Serrano developed a Neumann KM84 for which he offered an early buy in for a really good price. I jumped on that and the mics were originally supposed to arrive in January but that's been delayed twice since then because the bodies are being manufactured in Shanghai which is still not back to normal after being in full lock down earlier this year. I want to resolve that sale before I order the 87.

On the BU67 front, a guy from another board who does product reviews has a BU67 on the way and he'll post a review at some point. I want to see that before I decide one way or the other on that mic. When the review comes out, I'll post it in the BU67 thread I made.
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube