View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 03:28 AM

What a line up.

When I saw this tour announced on Mike's Instagram feed I thought wow , what a treat for you lucky US fingerstyle guitar fans. Tommy is practically a household name for guitarists of course but its great for Mike to get this exposure and share this bill. He is such a fantastic musician, his compositions and arrangements are both beautiful and mind boggling in their intricacy/detail. I was a few feet away from him playing on his last UK tour and he has exceptional chops..and for those that don't know, his pre-fame/success posts can still be found here on AGF.

I've just watched a backstage video Mike recorded with them both chatting about guitar and jamming through several numbers, solo and duo. Awesome stuff and great to see Tommy so humble and appreciative of a modern style player like Mike (as he is about Andy McKee and others). Mike of course is a big fan of Tommy's and has always cited him as an influence.

"The way nature seems to work is that it sends a messenger...the acoustic guitar needed to go in another direction, Michael Hedges became that messenger"
Tommy Emmanuel