View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick-slo View Post
There is no "finest" preamp available (although I have a couple of preamps that are close to that among the uncolored preamp crowd). There are a number of preamps to choose from. There are also a number of things that determine the quality of a recording, some more critical than the preamp. However, sticking with your question about the firestudio, that depends on the quality of it's A/D conversion and possibly other circuits the signal passes through in the unit. I can't comment on that however if you want the "finest" of anything in the recording chain you probably want to step up the other components also. Perhaps you could try out another A/D unit and send it's output to the presonus firestudio digital ins and see if it makes any difference to your ears.
Yeah, the "finest" example was simply for the sake of saying if the quality of the preamp is not in question, how much does my converter matter. I'm slowly in the process of upgrading piece by piece. The presonus was a huge step up and I was thinking a nice preamp could be another step while still riding off of the basic functionality of the presonus.

Good idea for testing the ins on the presonus though!
Seagull Entourage Rustic (I won it!)

PRS CE22
American Standard Stratocaster
Silverface 1978 Fender Champ
Fender Deluxe Reverb

Winner of the Virginia Guitar Festival

Feel free to call me Zach