View Single Post
Old 10-05-2014, 03:12 PM

Smile Luthiers please advise on my concept

hello

I wish to ask other luthiers if its wise to continue on my endevour. I have spend over 10000 dollar to do research and developement of my own system, and unfortunatly my crowdfunding campaign failed to take it to the next level...

I hope other luthiers with more knowledge and experience then me can tell me if i am on to something with this design or not, it`s pretty out of the box.

failed campaign can be found here:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/t...x/7621930#home

For the last 2 years i have been developing a carbon fiber acoustic guitar with a unique design i call the loosetop system.

This means that the edges of the soundboard are not attached to the sides of the instrument like in a traditional guitar. In prototype 2.0 the top was standing on legs that looked like an upright bass bridge, but now i am thinking of hanging the top on the tension grid, without legs.

The string tension has been decoupled from the soundboard and given to a thing i call the tension grid ( the triangle shape thing), leaving the soundboard with only 1 function, vibrating.

I am about 85% there, and i needed crowdfunding to do the other 15% ( need a 3d model, CNC aluminium molds)

If i am to continue it will cost alot more money (which i dont have), and if the majority of professional luthiers thinks that it is absolutly requiered for the top to be attached to the sides,i might adapt my plan , and use my unibody (back, sides and neck in 1 piece carbon) and build regular soundboard on it and a fingerboard...

For example the vibrational modes are completely different, since the edge is now free. How exactly i dont know at this point , since i need some scientists to analyse it.

I have sacrificed alot to get to this point and now im completely broke, i have mailed luthiers and large companys for advice and/or a partnership and so far not even 1 reply.

luthiers , please advise

i hope this image makes the concept clear :

Last edited by littlesmith; 10-05-2014 at 03:24 PM.