View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 02:55 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default New to Spire

I just bought a new Spire for use with my guitar students (recording their songs to go along with the printed materials I provide) after using a CD recorder for many years, which works fine but CD is something of a dinosaur format these days. I also have some home recording experience and good quality mics. My questions are:

First and foremost, any insider tips about setting up for optimal recording, transfer of files, etc. are appreciated!

For my own use, which editing and mastering programs do you use? I am hoping to get some new songs ready for use with promo materials I use to get gigs. No overdubbing I don't think, just straight acoustic guitar tracks with occasional vocals. These need to sound as close as possible to what a person would get if they are considering hiring me. Again, I have some experience in this but any tips are also appreciated.

Basically, I want some fairly quick and fairly easy ways to record and get the files to my students, i.e., if at all possible I don't want to have to spend a long time each day after teaching a half dozen or so songs getting the files to the students via email. These are nothing more than practice recordings and no additional mastering is wanted or needed; just decent recordings of acoustic guitar and vocals, nothing more. CD's have always been the quick and easy way to do this (just record and send them on their way with the CD-RW) and I do know that using the Spire will be more labor intensive, at least in the beginning.

Thanks in advance!

Gene
capecodacoustics.com