View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitar View Post
This might sound counter to most on the consumer side, but people spend entirely too much time as it is on internet, cell phones and then personal gaming and music listening devices. This is isolationism as a bi-product of cheap advancing technologies bringing it into the homes and all other aspects of life. My family of four can all be at home at the same time and yet not one of us would know it.

In my humble opinion, we are becoming a culture of personal recluses at the real life level, yet making tongue-in-cheek claims that we do socialize on the virtual level. I'm wagering most here seeing the difference realize a second definition for socializing has insidiously crept into our psyches.

Staying our course, our succeeding thinking will be to champion the cheap and lazy, hold it as a standard bearer for living life and become a mumbling, grumbling bunch of malcontents every time someone wants to make a buck from us.
That's a different topic and/or you don't really know the ways you depend on the Internet. It's pretty hard to make any phone call these days without the Internet. If you walk into most stores everything you see is likely ordered via the Internet. Most company locations communicate with VPN tunnels over the Internet vs a private network where they're buying their own fiber, T's or dry pairs.

If you're complaining about people doing too much on the Internet you should be screaming at the TV watchers. We got told to not do that in the 1960s and 70s. Now that travels over the Internet.

What is the Internet? It's the public network. Leaving out IP v 6 for the sake of simplicity, the Internet is 0.0.0.0 - not the people you're criticizing spending too much time at a game or social media.