Thread: BRW musings
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 07:44 PM

Yes its true not every piece of Brazilian is spectacular in sound - but spending alot of time worring about that is silly .Remember who makes your guitar is more important than what it is made out of . But when you get a spectacular luthier with a spectacular set of BRW -you have something more than spectacular -it takes two to tango . In defense of other woods - their is spectacular ( fill in your wood name here ) that makes any guitar as good as BRW , but in their own way . I heard a story some years ago( that I know as true ) about a spanish luthier who was discussing a great tone wood not too well known at the time that had a very different yet spectacular sounding wood -but with its own shimmer -that wood was East Indian Rosewood ( i believe most of us take that great wood for granted ) i own 6 guitars made of BRW , a couple outstanding the rest are decent -but i also have a few EIR guitars That i feel are great -so Im not standing on a soap box for BRW -just for great guitars-reguardless of their wood -just remember it takes a great luthier to make a great guitar -the wood is only a small part of that .