Thread: Introduction
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2022, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinters View Post
Hello, I’ve been reeding your forum for a while and decided to join. I’ve been woodworking for 30+ years and enjoy a challenging new project. I have a fairly well equipped shop and have seen many projects through to completion.
I built an F style mando a few years ago per Siminoff’s book so I’m not totally unfamiliar with building a musical instrument. I have 2 Martin Dreds.
I started building a guitar a few years ago but wrecked a few pieces of wood in a friend’s drum sander. I shelved it after that.
I would like to pick up the pieces and try again. I have A. Willis’ book but it doesn’t lead to the kind of guitar I want to build. I have Stewmac’s plan for a prewar OM and want to be faithful to that. Is there a better book on this than the one I have? I’ve got a few pieces and parts roughed out but I’m a little uncertain of how to proceed. I’ve got lots of questions. I am not interested in a kit. I don’t mind building jigs and fixtures.
Thank you for any recommendations.
- Splinters
Here's a posting that I did for a small body all hog acoustic that I deeply love. The full CAD plan in pdf form is posted as well as details of the construction.

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=579732