View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMinor View Post
I've really been enjoying my sable. Every time I pick it up, an hour or more slips away because it just so enjoyable to listen to. It really does play beautifully. I have the honeycomb, and I really like it. Someone mentioned that their wife thought it looked like chicken wire, and I totally see why someone would say that, but I think it's a beautiful variation on the standard weave and it gives the guitar some visual interest. So far, I'm very happy with the purchase. Very expensive, but it sounds, plays and feels very expensive, too.

To the OP's original question, I have a hard time imagining that the particular weave of the carbon fiber would have any perceptible influence on the sound of the guitar, as others have said.
What can I say I agree with everything you said. I personally don't care what the top material is made out of as long as it sounds good, which the honeycomb weave certainly does. Something else that's very odd is my 2 year old daughter won't let me play anything else. If I grab a different guitar she will mute my strings, grab my hand and say "no no no get black guitar" which of course is the Sable. I'm not even kidding. I don't know if it's even possible at her age to really like the sound of the guitar better or the look I have no idea why she does it.