View Single Post
Old 05-04-2019, 07:58 AM

Hi,

I'm considering this pickup. I'm interested to hear from anyone using it in a semi-loud live situation. Does using it with the mic blend in this scenario cause it to feed back? I'm not a fan of the humbucker-only sound, a bit too magnetic for my liking, so I would prefer not to run it this way in a louder situation. I'm hoping I could run it with at least some of the mic blended in, even if under 50%.

Also - is there any possible way to use a feedback buster with it? Obviously the pickup would require me to cut the rubber away. I'm wondering if I could trim the feedback buster to fill the soundhole below where the pickup sits.

BTW, when I say semi-loud situation - this is not full band/full drum kit/electric guitars. We play 3 or four piece with bass and sometime a percussionist. We do use floor monitors or side fills depending on the space, and/or I may also use a Loudbox Mini somewhere to the front or side of me to allow for additional monitoring and tone shaping flexibility. None of these speakers are cranked really, but there is some sound coming back at the guitar. I do use a feedback buster in my guitars and I never have an issue with feedback - hence my question above about using a cut-down feedback buster