View Single Post
Old 01-04-2022, 07:18 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
Jim,
I love reading the masterlist resource, but I have to ask-
Do you think there is a responder-bias in the DAW users? The folks who responded are maybe the more serious crowd, and probably NOT using the freebie or crippled versions of DAWS.
As much as I hope for a large number of responses to my requests, I can't control who responds. I can only compile the information I'm given in response to my queries.

That said, I'm not going to let the perfect get in the way of the very good. If there's some kind of bias in the answers, my feeling is 'So what?' The lists may be incomplete but they are still representative of what many here are using, and I don't think the fact that not every person on the forum responded detracts from the usefulness of the list as a resource.

The list isn't meant to tell anyone what they should or should not buy or do. It's merely a place to begin one's own explorative journey so that a person doesn't go in totally blind (it's also a place for those of use who participate here to put our gear recommendations in one place without having to constantly repeat ourselves when recommendation requests come up). When people explore software and gear on the list, they're bound to come across things that aren't on the list so I don't see omissions as detracting in any serious way. The list was not meant to be an all-emcompassing catalogue of everything that's available on the market. There are plenty of retail websites to cover that need.
2015 Circle Strings Parlor shedua/western red cedar
2009 Bamburg JSB Signature Baritone macassar ebony/carpathian spruce
2004 Taylor XXX-RS indian rosewood/sitka spruce
1988 Martin D-16 mahogany/sitka spruce

along with some electrics, zouks, dulcimers, and banjos.

YouTube