View Single Post
Old 12-22-2021, 10:15 PM
FKA matthewpartrick :)

Default Finished!

Well, this has been an awesome journey with Jason. These are his photos, it will be shipping soon. The following is what Jason had to say about the guitar on his FB POST.

“This is my final completed guitar for 2021!

They say you aren't supposed to have favorites, but I do believe that a pine cone from Wisconsin and a burl from Alaska have helped create my favorite rosette and inlay combination ever!

This MDW possesses some of the most vibrant color combinations I have ever created with a beautiful acrylic resin infused pine cone for the rosette and dyed birch burl from the The 98 Fund property in Alaska for the Bashkin inspired position markers. These accents were added to a German spruce top and my "first ever" Pernambuco back and sides to create one of the most visually appealing and tonally diverse guitars that I have ever made.

Pernambuco, a tree that only grows in Brazil, is one of the most desired tone woods in the world... used exclusively in the creation of the world's finest violin, viola and cello bows, is rarely seen in guitars due to its small diameter at full size. Only a few trees grow to be wide enough to yield sets large enough to make a guitar. This set is a beautiful deep orange and will oxidize over time to a stunning deep reddish orange color as it continues to create a beautiful and articulate tonal palette. This guitar have been a long time in the making in my mind, and I am grateful to have found a client that asked me to make it into a reality, and I cannot be more pleased with how it looks, and more importantly, how it sounds. I cannot wait for this guitar to arrive in its new home and begin to sing again.“