View Single Post
Old 03-06-2021, 08:09 AM

Thank you Tom & Colins! I wish I could come to Australia, you live in a beautiful country!

Here is the first Rosette of the day:

Soundboard: Adirondack Spruce (Picea Rubens)

Rosette: EIR Inner Circle, Honduran Rosewood in the center, Fiber B/W/B and Maple Purflings.

I want to thanks my peers, who influence me for years. My philosophy tends to go to "less is better" in terms of ornementation, but I always want to produce the best craftsmanship I could.

I try to not forget that the real star of the instrument is the wood, not me... and this kind of rosette bring the spruce and the different layers, in the center of the instrument.

The respect of Tradition, is obviously something that is pretty crucial for me too... this rosette definitely is "obvious Martin Style"

I am thinking about John Slobod, who is a master in this exercise (and probably some kind of "woodworker bionic-cyborg"), but also Stephen Strahm & Jeff Traugott

The Honduran RW circle is bordered with 2 thin layer of black maple, which slightly go thicker & thicker from the right to the left... to bring some kind of "trompe l'œil".

It simulate some kind of shade, which bring some dynamic to the rosette, and "3D effect". You can find this in the comic-book world, especially is some Japanese & European works.

"I strive to build my instruments with the finest Tone, Ergonomics & Aesthetics"

https://www.benjaminpaldacciguitars.com/

Last edited by BenjaminPaldacci; 03-06-2021 at 10:52 AM.