View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 02:11 PM

Default "V" neck and fingerpain

Hello, I bought a wonderful Furch OM 32SM six months ago (vintage series with a V neck shape), and was wondering if some people had experienced some fingerpain with those kind of V necks? It's pretty obvious that this kind of neck make the barre chords more tiring, but that's not a problem, the point is rather that the phalanxes hurt almost a little bit after have been playing a while, like if the articulation was undergoing to much pressure despite the action is pretty low (I have thin fingers), and I have even tried with extra light strings. I have never been experiencing those king of subtle pain on other kind of neck, and have been playing guitar during many years, so I was wondering if the fact that the V necks being a little bit chunky, and holding the thumb a little bit more far away from the fingertips, could maybe explain this feeling, and would require some extra pressure from the fingers?
If anyone have any opinion on this subject I would be glad to hear it, thank you very much!