Thread: Fairbanks F-40
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 11:03 AM
Charter Member

Default SOLD Fairbanks F-40 SOLD

SOLD

Hello all, I have a beautiful Fairbanks F-40 (same shape/size as a Gibson J-185) guitar in Adirondack/Maple that I am selling. 1-3/4" nut and 2-5/16" string spacing and it's short scale. Originally purchased from Music Emporium, it is a phenomenal sounding guitar and really captures the vintage vibe and tone.
It's in excellent overall condition other than two small dings in the top that were added while I was away vacation (not very happy about that). It has no fret wear, a nice low action and comes with a custom Cedar Creek case covered in faux gator skin. The original Grover tuners were replaced with Waverly ivoroid tuners and the holes matched up perfectly so no drilling was done.

I think this is the most outgoing maple guitar I've played. I'm not normally a fan of maple guitars as I find them to be too bland or neutral but this guitar really kicks butt and has a punchy midrange like mahogany.

I have completed many transactions on the Ukulele Underground forum under my Specialk13 handle and have also sold a few guitars on the Collings forum under the same name. Please do not hesitate to contact me for more info.

Here's a link to current pics:

http://s105.photobucket.com/user/especialque/profile/

Last edited by Specialk13; 07-16-2013 at 05:32 PM.