View Single Post
Old 02-06-2013, 07:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qplay View Post
Thanks guys this thread helped me a lot it makes me feel more like I'm on the right track.Making the chords isn't the real trick it's changing them smoothly that's a little tougher But as I figure it out it sure puts a smile on my face.I can totally relate to anything recognizable is fun.I got The Complete Idiots Guide to Music Theory to kinda fill in the gaps on music theory when I get curious.
Hi Q...

An exercise to help you learn to change chords smoothly is to play the same two chords back and forth with a pattern consisting of two quarter notes followed by a half note. If you count out loud as you play, you will learn to keep it steady.

Instead of counting 1-2-3-4 count 1 - 2 - 3 - switch.

The pattern is downstroke, downstroke, downstroke - (switch chord)

When you hit the half note (switch), you have 2 beats to switch to the other chord and be ready for it. You don't have to wait till the last minute to switch the chords.

As you improve your ability to switch those two chords, play the exercise faster. Then find two other chords you need to learn to switch better/smoother and repeat the exercise.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…