View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy4 View Post
Hi ac,
The link is the Internet Archive Project's saved version of my old website. If you poked around the other pages for the website you found some pages had photos and some didn't. The photos are archived on the pages that got a lot of hits while lesser used pages didn't get all of the photos archived. It was my own personal website and not a forum. I maintained the website for several years and gave it up because I ran into a situation that the extra income generated from selling instrument construction guides was going to push me over a tax bracket that would effect my retirement investments in a negative manner.

Since the question was about adding the enlargement sleeves to regular steel string posts I did the composite photo to post here. (I have all the source material for the old website, of course)

Hopefully you found the text associated with the photos to be of use.
Thank you much for taking the time to put it together and post the photos. That, plus the archive text gives some great guidance for how to go forward, especially for amateurs like myself. I can use all the help I can get. I'm not a builder, I just tinker and modify.

For professionals like the OP, I'm sure they can easily use this information for their own creations without much more help. They have knowledge and experience I lack. But for me, the photos and all the other info is really helpful.

I didn't connect all those instructional videos with you at the time I was web searching, but if I'm not mistaken, there were dozens and dozens of videos you produced on all sorts of topics from guitars to ukes to more. (Hopefully I'm connecting the dots correctly.)

That's a lot of experience and knowledge. I'm sure many were sad to see that you needed to close down your site.

Thank you for sharing this. Since these type of specialized tuners are not in big demand and seem to be pretty much a custom order, your solution opens the door to solve this issue gracefully.