View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 10:28 AM

Default New Amp Day: Morgan's JS12 is a Revelation

Ok. This is thirty minutes in, so more to come later.

Holy mackerel! Yep, this is absolutely the tone I had in my head that I believed was possible to experience with an electric guitar. During the pandemic I've starting really getting into electric, particularly blues. But every time I picked it up I felt like I was fighting my Fender Blues Junior too much to get any sort of rich, lush tone. It sounded inherently thin to me. I looked at all the advice columns and I was hitting the limit so quickly.

I have been truly inspired by the acoustics I've spent time on and was totally blown away moving from a Larrivee to a Northwood. My 00 12-fret feels and sounds amazing every time I picked it up and I wasn't getting that with my electric. I knew it wasn't the guitar - I spent a ton of time doing my research getting to the Heritage 535. Even acoustically the guitar sounds amazing. I didn't know anything about amps when I started, didn't have a ton of money, and needed to take one step at a time. So the Blues Junior it was.

I recently came to the AGF for advice looking for a pro level amp with great tone that I could grow with. I got a ton of great insight. THANK YOU AGF!

Again, more than anything I was looking for tone. Holy cow! Holy mackerel! Holy spirit emanating from an amplifier! The tone is so lush. It is truly on another planet and I feel like I'm playing a different instrument. There's so much room for the pedals. Instead of fighting, it feels nearly effortless, and I get to focus on becoming a better player and enjoy the sound and feel I experience every day while doing it.

One aspect of this amp that is going to push me in particular is how touch sensitive it is. As I grow as a player, I know there is so much more room for this to go. When I've screwed up, even just now, it lets me know, so I've got to earn it.

Ok, back to playing. I'll have more to offer in a few days, but I wanted to get this off to the forum as a big thank you for helping me get to the tone I had in my head so quickly.

Happy picking,
JakeIMG-20200802-WA0000.jpg
Saez Marin G90 (Cedar/EIR)