View Single Post
Old 09-09-2015, 07:18 PM

After I mentioned my fellow church musician (from another parish, thank you, Lord,) who learned what few musical skills he has during folk music hootenannies and hasn't progressed musically since 1962, Ed wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed-in-Ohio View Post
Wade, I SO want to jam with your buddy!
No, you don't, Ed, you really don't. The guy's an out-of-tune steamroller in human form. It doesn't matter how precisely or well anybody else is playing, so far as he's concerned you're just there to back him up.

Even if you're not....

Then David wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidphilips View Post
Hey Wade hahahaha great story!! Sounds like a real character.
That's a polite way to put it.

Quote:
But did he have nylons on his F25? These are steel string guitars, albeit with a classical guitar body and neck.. a strange experiment Gibson did back in the day.
He had either nylon strings or silk and steel on it, but I'm pretty sure he'd strung it with ball end nylon strings.

Quote:
Thanks fo the entertaining story anyway. I'm with Ed-in-Ohio, I'd like to jam with him too (wouldn't let him near my guitar though haha)
After about the fourth or fifth time he'd rolled over whatever it was you were playing, sung an out-of-tune top volume "harmony" over whatever you were singing, and stopped and started his playing with absolutely no reference to what anyone else was playing, sort of like random mortar fire coming in over the wire at Khe Sanh, I suspect that his charm would wear off for you.

It certainly has for me....

whm

Last edited by Wade Hampton; 09-09-2015 at 07:38 PM.