View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBmusic View Post
Had no issues installing//downloading the Focusrite, could not register it on their site though as mine has a 14 character serial number, the site seems set up for older models with 12 or 13 characters! Even the help videos they link are old.

But.... my old Win 7 computer seems to have fallen on hard times - all of a sudden everything I record (and old recordings I listen to) have crackling/popping that adjusting the buffer to the max of 1024 (horrible latency) don't get rid of.
Interesting about the serial number...I don't recall having any issues like that.

Can you glean from Windows Task Manager what's causing the buffering? Is the CPU getting pegged? Is the hard disc getting bogged down? Maybe try a different USB port on your PC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulp1960 View Post
If you can find the correct Y cable arrangement you can double up your single stereo output so that you end up with 2 left and 2 right outputs from the stereo source. Plug one parallel pair to your powered monitors and the other parallel pair into your subwoofer(s).
That way when you adjust the volume both subwoofer and main speakers will track the volume correctly.
Thanks for the suggestion. That's actually how I'm set up. I'd rather not have the splitters, but I don't have a choice.