View Single Post
Old 11-22-2019, 12:26 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Pattis View Post
As most here know, the TD is an amazing piece of gear that truly changes the universe for anyone amplifying an acoustic guitar, mandolin, fiddle, etc.

The software update that now allows back-up and transfer of the instrument-specific “wavemaps” that the user creates is the finishing touch on this masterpiece, IMO.

I have used the TD since last October, and it's been perfect...great plugged-in sound each and every gig.
I agree completely with Larry. It’s a game changer, and that’s why I was an early adopter. This new update is important, for the reason that Larry states.

A note on the purpose of the thing as I see it: the purpose is to sound like your guitar with a mic rather than a pickup. If it makes your sound better with a mag PU, that, to me, is a bonus. It’s a good DI/preamp. But it’s real purpose is the mic sound thing. Same applies to using wave maps created by others of instruments that aren’t yours. That can be fun and interesting, but not the real purpose, in my view. We invest in an instrument for a variety of reason, the most important one being, for me, the sound of it. I want the sound of MY instruments, which I have invested time and money in. That’s not to say that I won’t experiment with maps created by others.