View Single Post
Old 02-07-2019, 08:45 AM

Some background info, I've been performing as a professional juggler for about 25 years. When you make mistakes juggling, it's REAALLYY obvious. As such, we've developed 'drop lines', things we say or do when we drop that ends up enhancing the show.

I'm now transitioning into solo musical performing. At my one and only gig so far, my wife's most constructive comment was that this was not a juggling show and I needed to handle my mistakes better. Instinctively, I was drawing on my 'drop line' tendencies when I should have just breezed through the errors. She knows all of the songs I play and said even she would not have noticed 75% of my mistakes if I hadn't done something to point them out.

So back to the OP, I mostly play fingerstyle and sing. For guitar mistakes, it's easy for me to fall into a simple pattern that somewhat fits the song. No one notices that and I'm getting better at handling it. My biggest issue is screwing up lyrics. I'm still working on how to handle that. I go to a couple open mics a month specifically to get more time in front of an audience.

Last edited by RedJoker; 02-07-2019 at 08:51 AM.