View Single Post
Old 05-11-2019, 06:32 PM
Guest 928

Captain;

Boy! you sure are cranky. I'd hate to see you mad.

In my defense I would point out that if Alistair has seen it he knows this thread is made with good will. He has refused me before (my great idea for a suitcase guitar) and he knows that I can handle a "no." He didn't really jump at the opportunity to make the X7 electric, but it was a challenge and I think he likes challenges.

Also, many years ago when Alistair was about to lose the farm, a number of people committed to financing a number of future guitars. He made it and he fulfilled his commitment. I think good will goes both ways.

That's not saying that he MUST make my guitar, but it does mean that I feel free to mess with him. I have broken bread with Alistair and I would not do anything to place him in a bad light. If he didn't like this conversation, he could email or call me.

So, I hear you, and I see where this thread could be construed as a shamming, but it is not. It is me having fun and pressing a path that Alistair has accommodated with numerous fine instruments.

I do appreciate your thoughts on the matter since you and Casual both have me looking at the various interpretations of my humor. Humm............