View Single Post
Old 11-16-2019, 05:57 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
But it turned out I just have a walking pneumonia kind of things.

My doctor was afraid to rule out a possible blood clot in my lung during an exam yesterday. I couldn't fully "catch" my breath and had an "episode" driving to work - sort of like a panic attack, can't breath right, pulse is going a million miles an hour (while on a beta blocker!)

So she sent me to the hospital - better to be safe than sorry. The xray and catscan with dye showed zilch. Its a great day to have pneumonia, whew! Steroids and an inhaler and I'll be as good as new. Some of those folks in the er were in really bad shape. I told the nurse, while I was here for 8.5 hours, but I'm lucky in that I'm leaving.

They don't pay those er people enough money!
Glad things worked out well for you.Nice to see someone appreciate their care and the medical team.

It is very tough being in the medical field.I toiled there for 35 years and am glad to be retired.You never get bored and it can be very gratifying.Even at the end I always learned something new and faced new challenges.

The corporate mantra rules the domain of health care.Morale is low and countless hours are spent on meaningless data entry.

i'm concerned about the future of the profession.Many of us have recently retired or are close to it.

There will be a definite shortfall of surgeons in both general surgery and the subspecialties.This will soon become a crisis in smaller cities.

It takes many years to become proficient in one's surgical field.Renumeration is decreasing and many new grads have huge student debts.

On a bright note ,there will always be intelligent and caring people entering the health care field.

I wish more people like you would give them recognition.It seems to me that those who pursue athletic endeavors are worshipped.Their huge salaries do not justify what they contribute to our society.

Gabe