View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agfsteve View Post
I just found out that once you've installed the iPad Gmail app, the only way you can stop another user of your iPad (friend or foe) from reading your emails is to delete the account, then re-install it the next time you need it. This is preposterous!

I can understand not wanting foes to read your emails, but that’s why you should set a secure passcode and set the auto lock on your display to a reasonably short amount of time. No foe is going to defeat a proper passcode on an Apple device, the FBI had to try to force Apple to build a back door into their security because they couldn’t get into some phones they wanted to get into.

As for friends, I suppose that’s a more personal issue with the friends, and how much they respect your privacy. I hand my devices to people when showing them something but don’t lend them to people to use for longer periods of time, but I don’t have friends who don’t already have a phone in their pocket already so they can do anything they need to on that.

But what you’re talking about, deleting your account and adding it back is exactly what you’re asking for, that’s called logging out and logging back in, just using different terminology.

I still think that using the web apps in the browser might be a better option for your specific use case. Then it will behave exactly how it would on a PC.