Thread: blackbird
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhippiegal View Post
It's a great acoustic guitar piece, harmonically simple and so lovely. I probably play it four times a week, still, and somehow it never bores me. I'm so impressed with what he did with two strings. Along with "I'll Be Your Water" and a couple songs I play with very simple arpeggios, I feel like I get a lot of "bang" for my technique "buck" out of it. I love to watch the delight of new guitarists getting it for the first time. So glad you enjoyed it, too! Have you eliminated all your string squeak? I think it's a great song for helping us to control that--or at least it helped motivate me to address that issue.

Has anyone steered to towards the song "Anji"? (I like this guy's instructional video because of the diagrams: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ntdGoKj2gE).
squeaks quite a bit when I slide all the way up to the 12th fret. Im thinking of getting myself coated strings. Am I just unskilled? Honestly this Larrivee is so responsive! Quite skill demanding which makes it fairly motivating to get better to make it sound as it deserves.