View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 07:54 AM

I have 2 S1s and usually use both for FOH. A mixer or guitar preamp will be a good choice for you. Plenty of good advice above. I agree with Methos - the tilt back position causes the accelerometer to decrease bass output and sounds best to me for guitar. The problem for me is that when I play with my trio, I use speaker stands.

I have not had the problem you experienced but a mixer or better control of your low frequencies via a good guitar preamp will help. I use the Headway EDB2 which is a dual channel preamp- runs on batteries and fits in the guitar case. I can eq the guitar and/or vocals and it has plenty of control to eliminate what happened to your signal. Lots of options. I also use a ZED 10FX mixer with my trio and I think it greatly improves the vocals and gives plenty of control over the guitar with high Z inputs and low cut filters.

There are also times doing solo gigs where I just plug my K&K Taylors right in and plug in a mic and play. Simpler allows me to really concentrate on playing and dynamics. I continue to be impressed with the S1s and have been using them now over my AER 60/3 and QSC K8.

Keep a Swiss Army knife type preamp or mixer and you will be able to eliminate most if not all, venue problems.

Davidc