View Single Post
Old 05-30-2020, 01:28 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklotz View Post
I emailed them several times asking if there was a solution and they never responded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pieterh View Post
I’m a little surprised at the lack of response from Hiscox. My experience is that they are an honourable company and have replied to me when I’ve had queries (usually after a couple of weeks though...!).......

......The staff at Hiscox should be able to help OP with the search for the right case - mail them and be patient!
There’s been a little thing called ‘the Covid-19 pandemic’ going on for the past three months or so. All ‘non-essential’ businesses in the UK have been closed down by order of the government for the past eight or nine weeks. Many try to keep up with correspondence by home-working, but delays are inevitable when workers are working away from the usual environment.

The lockdown is starting to be eased a little now, and some businesses are beginning to get back nearer to normal, but I’m guessing it’ll be a few weeks before we’re completely out of lockdown. It’s been very difficult for businesses here this past two months, I’d recommend you cut the Hiscox guys a bit of slack until life gets back to normal. They are indeed an honourable company, I’m sure you’ll get a response once we’re over this thing.

In answer to the original question, no the GAD case doesn’t fit the Lowden ‘O’-model. They do have a ‘Jumbo’ case which is made to fit the oversized Gibson guitars like the SJ-200...I think a Lowden ‘O’ would be a loose fit in one of those

https://www.hiscoxcases.com/product/...c-guitar-case/

The best solution would be to order the correct-sized case for your guitar direct from The Lowden Guitar Co.

https://shop-gb.lowdenguitars.com/collections/cases

The usual disclaimers apply......IMHO, YMMV etc.

Brook ‘Lamorna’ OM (European Spruce/EIR) (2019)
Lowden F-23 (Red Cedar/Claro Walnut) (2017)
Martin D-18 (2012)
Martin HD-28V (2010)
Fender Standard Strat (2017-MIM)

Last edited by JayBee1404; 05-30-2020 at 01:39 AM.