View Single Post
Old 12-31-2014, 08:13 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewalling View Post
Why do few major artists play Carbon?

Could be the same as with the rest of us non-major artists: it's different. I'm evidence of such intransigence - I've consistently avoided this section of the forum since its inception. Yesterday, though, while looking at the Paramount Guitars site, I noticed an Emerald and thought it was a fantastic-looking instrument. I then did a few searches and liked what I saw. Who knows, maybe I'll get one at some point now. But we guitarists, particularly those of us of a 'certain age', can be fiercely conservative; look at the resistance often expressed to even wooden guitars built in certain parts of the world. I don't think audiences would mind; in fact, I think they'd love the funky look of these instruments. In a lot of cases, I think it's we the players who have the block. The heroes of our youth did not stand up on the stage with bright green acoustic guitars.

I said pretty much the same thing on Post #4 in this thread. I've found the only people who are interested in the equipment are other guitar players... the audience just wants to hear some music. Of course, on this forum, everyone is a guitar player.

We all talk about tone, playability, looks, preamps, amps, PAs, covers, originals, playing out, couch guitars, strings, cases, picks, mics, strumming, fingerstyle, straps, etc, etc.

The only thing we don't talk about on this sub-forum is "What do you use for humidifying?"

CF is another option. And just like discussing different brands of wood guitars, or different tone-woods, it is a viable option. Whether someone wishes to try carbon fiber is no different than a Martin fan wanting to try a Taylor. Nothing to fear - and you just might find another options that works for you.

Jim