View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoudi View Post
thanks i will deffinitely try out this one. i believe i can do quite a few patterns and some resonably fast and dynamicaly balance, but i just cannot replicate that "harph" sound, i think my brick is between thumb and index, since they go opossite direction. in fact i am closer to do it from ring to thumb that the normal way.
Understood. The tremelo technique (playing one note rapidly with p-i-m-a) does actually work in the other direction: p-a-m-i. At least that how I find it easiest, as well as how it's usually recommended. It's like drumming your fingers on a desk, it's much more natural with pinky first and index last than the other way.
But with an arpeggio, the idea (obviously) is that each string has its own finger, so the fingers have to go in that order - and normally it's p-i-m-a, bass to treble. The arpeggio sign with no arrow means that direction.
If the arpeggio symbol has an arrow indicating the reverse, that normally (AFAIK) means using only the thumb, drawing it upwards across the strings in question.
Sometimes thumb alone is also indicated for the normal downward direction.
Then again, there s the Spanish rasgueadowhere all the fingers go down all the strings (a-m-i order) while the thumb goes up!