View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 02:37 PM

I saw him on Broadway and had the good luck to be in the third row right in line with his piano bench. I have also seen him live with the E-Street band. What impressed me with the Broadway show was how professional his vocals sounded. There was no screaming and every word was easily understood and perfectly in-tune. His guitar playing (strumming) had a sophistication and percussive strength that reminded me a little of Richie Havens at Woodstock. He never made the slightest error in his singing, guitar playing, piano playing, or spoken word. To listen to him play piano on songs from his first few albums it made it clear to me he wrote those piano parts himself. It was the most memorable musical experience of my life. At the end of the show he greeted people in the first couple of rows. As he was talking to a pre-teenager seated in front of me I could have rustled his hair. My wife was slightly disappointed in how old he seemed. I guess his appeal to her had other characteristics I don't appreciate...
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields