View Single Post
Old 11-27-2015, 02:29 PM
Charter Member

Default Using PicassaWeb to insert photos

So, I've found out a little more about embedding a photo hosted on PicasaWeb:

How you 'grab' the link from PicasaWeb depends on the browser you are using. In order for the [img] [/img] tags to work correctly in the AGF, they must have an extension, usually .jpg/ .gif/ .png/ .pdf. On Picasweb, when you click on 'link to this photo' and then copy from the 'link' box, the link ends with "feat=directlink". This link will not work to display an image on AGF or other bulletin boards.

In Moxilla Firefox, you can right-click the photo itself and select "Copy Image Location" and then paste this between the [img][/img] tags in AGF (Using the e 'Insert Image' button in AGF. I haven't tried the other browsers.

When you right-click a photo when using PicasaWeb In IE you do not get an option like this. You can, however, right-click the photo and select 'Properties', then copy the URL from the properties dialogue box. This URL has the .jpg extension and works to display the photo in AGF.

Then with a little more research, I discovered in Picasaweb (in all browsers) when you click 'link to this photo', then select 'image only (no link) - then you can copy the 'Embed Photo' link and it will have the .jpg extension and it will work. Not exactly intuitive, but it works.

The underlying problem is that PicasaWeb does not include the .JPG file extension if you click on the 'link' box.

Steve