View Single Post
Old 11-11-2018, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Currie View Post
Define boomy.

I think of boomy as excess bass. I hear more of a buildup of low mids. The reverb may be contributing as it will increase apparent sustain.

You might try a high shelf filter before going into the reverb and see if that helps.
I'll redo without the reverb and see if it's the source or if youtube is changing the lvls

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
I agree with Gordon but Yes It could be the reverb building in the low mids, especially since you have it directly on the acoustic guitar track itself.
Another way to address this is to set the reverb up in parallel on it's own track. (Depending on your DAW this could be an AUX track, send track , or a Bus track )

You then leave the reverb set at 100% and send the signal from the guitar track to the reverb track and reduce the send level to taste.

Then you can add an EQ in front of that reverb on its track , that has both a high and low pass filter and try this trick below. This gives you both the 100% dry signal you liked before mixing going through to the outputs, and an EQ adjusted reverb going to the outputs as well

It works extremely well on vocals and at about 5:20 minutes in, he uses on an acoustic guitar to good effect also
Never heard of this before. I'm going to take a look.