View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 11:54 AM

So...given the window in the room...don't rule out picking up an SM57 or 58 for a cardiod pattern in the room. That can help when you can't eliminate outside noises from creeping in.

I'm also one to scour C-list to see what locals have what for sale...especially regarding interfaces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBert View Post
Yep that's exactly what I was thinking of the second time around. Worst case scenario it'll just end up sitting on my desk like any other interface.

Yeah, I'm trying to find the drivers for this thing. They don't seem to exist.

I'd definitely like to have those things, I just can't justify it when I'm not making a penny off of my music (yet! ).

I dunno, everyone just seems to like Reaper. But if Sonar is more powerful and provides better quality effects then that's great.

I already have monitors (JBL somethings) that I bought to listen to music on, since the consumer market just didn't cut it. I also have high end reference quality headphones, IEMs, and amps too (Sennheiser HD-800, JH Audio JH-16). So my outputs are covered pretty well.

As far as the room goes - it's relatively small, and there are plenty of soft surfaces all around (curtains, carpet, couches) So as far as reflections go I might get lucky. But there is this one Window that is particularly noisy during the day and would limit my recording to nighttime. I don't care for it though, so I was thinking that if it became a problem I could just cover it with foam. Would that work?

It would actually be given to me by another company that I do business with. It wouldn't be a copy, it would be a full license.

bradM - SW Ohio - love to pick!

<{()}>< <{()}>< <{()}>< <{()}>< <{()}><