View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
I'm downloading this programming package from Microsoft. I was looking for Visual Basic and found this instead. I haven't programmed in years. I used to write in Turbo Pascal and before that QuickBasic (prior to that DOS 2.0 and the interpreter, !!). I wonder how long it will take me to crash my pc, lol.
It's not an understanding many have but at this point in history Microsoft is one of the top enterprise, cloud and mobile application companies. When their products are not stable it's almost always an individual's or some firm's doing a bad job.

With Windows 7 going to the history books in less than a year I'm well into replacing the old with new where we have 700+ employees. The stability, security and feature set with the new is much better.

For paragraph 1. In December I left for vacation with some new server and database instances running perfectly. Then our document management system's 3rd party programmers got to work. Last week it was a junk show where our document management vendor and Microsoft support did a really nice job of pointing out their achieving 10 on the 1-10 scale of being idiots who didn't read the documentation.

I hope they fix it before I have to tell the CFO what his pals actually did.