View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 08:37 AM

Default Epiphone AC-500RCE Limited Edition Natural - New (or nearly)

£350 for AGF members.

Bought this new from my local guitar shop week before last.

In the pub a few days later, my wife asked how I liked my new guitar. I replied that it's not a Gibson custom shop hummingbird, but it's pretty good, To which she said "buy one of those then". Most unexpected conversation ever. Thread about it all here: https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=563823

It's been back in the original cardboard box since then. It was out of its box just a few days, with probably just a couple of hours total play time and there's not a mark on it that I can find.

This is a limited edition model with beautiful Rosewood back and sides and 1-piece (+heel) mahogany neck. They're not in production anymore, was the last one my local music shop had and it blew away everything else in the £400-600 price range in the shop (sticker price was £580 I think). It's really high spec'd - solid wood all over, bone nut and saddle, grover tuners, etc. The bridge pins were really junky soft plastic though so I swapped them out with a bone set.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Free delivery inside the UK. I am happy to send it abroad to AGF members (I've said no on ebay and reverb), but you'll have to cover the full postage, which will be very pricey.

See eBay listing for more pictures: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143441732299

SPECIFICATIONS
Top Material: Solid Sitka Spruce
Back Material: Solid Rosewood
Side Material: Solid Rosewood
Neck Material: Mahogany; 1-piece plus heel
Neck Shape: SlimTaper™; D profile
Neck Joint Glued-In: Dove-Tail with hide glue
Scale Length: 25.5"
Bridge Pickup: Shadow® NanoFlex™ ; Under Saddle
Electronics: Shadow® Sonic™ Soundhole
Saddle Material: Bone
Nut Material: Bone
Machine Heads: Grover™ Sta-Tite™ 18:1 ratio

Last edited by RalphH; 12-20-2019 at 03:24 AM.