View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisczech View Post
Very lovely looking guitars indeed, and I agree that the tone of the one at Siccas is excellent, wonderful clarity, sustain, beautiful trebles. I remember being strongly tempted by that one when Brian was offering it at a bargain price. One question I had for Brian was whether you intend to stick with the label you've been using for a while? I know it's a small detail, but to my eye it doesn't quite speak of the impressive quality of your work.
Thanks Dennis! I have a cedar and Guatemalan rosewood guitar headed to Siccas in the next few weeks so it should be interesting to compare the demo videos!

Regarding the label, I'm aware that it might not be everyone's cup of tea but from my perspective it adds a bit of the DIY and punk aesthetic which has played a large influence on me both musically and visually. In the same vein I really enjoy the juxtaposition of a very conservative guitar with a much less formal makers mark; to me it seems to be disarming and more inviting to the player to utilize the guitar as the tool it is rather than an object to simply be admired.

While I've had a few people who weren't so keen on it I've had more positive comments regarding the design then negative. Perhaps this is due to the oddly large amount of classical guitarists and lutenists who started their musical life as heavy metal guitarists...

Last edited by Itzkinguitars; 01-21-2022 at 02:34 PM.